updated July 16th, 2018
WHAT IS PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Personal information is information or an opinion, in any form and whether true or not, about an individual whose identity is apparent or can reasonably be ascertained from the information or opinion. Examples include an individual’s name, address, contact number, date of birth and email address. The type of personal information we collect about you will depend on how you use this website. For example, personal information is collected when you:
- register on this website to become a member;
- post a review on one of our service providers;
- respond to one of our surveys;
- enter a competition or participate in a promotion; or
- register or subscribe for, or contribute content to, any other services available through this website from time to time.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION BY Quotefinds Inc.
To the extent required by the prevailing laws and regulations in Canada:
- Quotefinds Inc. will not collect personal information about you unless that information is necessary for one or more of our functions or activities.
- Quotefinds Inc. will collect personal information only by lawful and fair means and not in an unreasonably intrusive manner.
- Quotefinds Inc. will collect your personal information directly from you where it is reasonable and practicable to do so. Where Quotefinds Inc. collects information about you from a third party, we will still take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of the details set out above.
USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION BY Quotefinds Inc.
If Quotefinds Inc. uses or discloses your personal information for a purpose other the main reason for which it was originally collected, to the extent required by the prevailing laws and regulations, we will ensure that:
- The secondary purpose is related to the primary purpose of collection (and directly related in the case of sensitive information), and you would reasonably expect that Quotefinds Inc. would use or disclose your information in that way;
- You have consented to the use or disclosure of your personal information for the secondary purpose;
- The use or disclosure is required or authorized by or under law; or
- The use or disclosure is otherwise permitted and/or required by the prevailing laws and regulations (for example, as a necessary part of an investigation of suspected unlawful activity).
HOW MIGHT WE CONTACT YOU?
We may contact you in a variety of ways, including by physical mail, email, SMS, telephone call or facsimile.
We will not send you any commercial electronic messages such as SMS or emails unless this is permitted by the prevailing laws and regulations (for example, if we have your express or inferred consent to do so). Any commercial electronic message that we send will identify Quotefinds Inc. as the sender and will include our contact details. The message will also provide an unsubscribe facility. If you do not wish to receive commercial electronic messages from us, please let us know (our contact details are provided at the end of this policy).
DO NOT CALL REGISTER
We will not call you on a number listed on the Do Not Call Register unless this is permitted under the prevailing laws and regulations (for example, if we have your express or inferred consent to do so). If you do not wish us to call you on a particular number, please let us know (our contact details are provided at the end of this policy).
DATA QUALITY AND SECURITY
To the extent required by the prevailing laws and regulations, Quotefinds Inc. will take reasonable steps to:
- make sure that the personal information that we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up to date;
- protect the personal information that we hold from misuse and loss and from unauthorized access, modification or disclosure; and
- destroy or permanently de-identify personal information that is no longer needed for any purpose that is permitted or required by the prevailing laws and regulations.
Quotefinds Inc. will generally provide individuals with the option of not identifying themselves when entering into transactions when it is lawful and practicable to do so. When contacting service providers on your behalf, your personal information is kept private until such time as you choose to move forward with booking the service.
Please contact us if you have any queries about the personal information that Quotefinds Inc. holds about you or the way we handle that personal information. Our contact details for privacy queries are set out below.
Please contact Quotefinds Inc. if you have any concerns or complaints about the manner in which your personal information has been collected or handled by Quotefinds Inc.. We may also keep records of any other interactions you have with us (for example, emails or other correspondence you send via this website), together with any other information that you choose to provide to us. In some circumstances, we may collect sensitive information about you (for example, if you post a comment in a forum about your health). We will not do this unless you have consented to the collection, or if we are otherwise required or authorized to do so by or under the prevailing laws and regulations. Sensitive information includes (for example) health information and information about a person’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs, professional or trade association membership, sexual preferences and criminal record. If you do not provide us with the personal information that we request, we may not be able to provide you with some of our products and services (except in cases where we have indicated that the provision of that information is optional). For example, if you do not register as a Member, you will not be able to access pages of this website or other services that are reserved for Members only.
PROVIDING US WITH PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT OTHERS
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION OTHER THAN PERSONAL INFORMATION
Some of the information that is collected about your visit to this website is not personal information, because it does not reveal your identity. For example, we may record your server address, the date and time of your visit, the pages you viewed, any documents you downloaded and the type of browser and operating system you used. If collected, this information will be used and disclosed by Quotefinds Inc. in anonymous, aggregated form only, for purposes including statistical analysis and web site development. You are not individually identified, however Quotefinds Inc. reserves its right to use or disclose this information to try to locate an individual where we reasonably believe that the individual may have engaged in any unlawful or inappropriate activity in connection with our website, or where we are otherwise required or authorised by law to do so.
WHY DOES Quotefinds Inc. COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Quotefinds Inc. uses the personal information it collects through this website for the purposes for which it was provided and for any other purposes explained at the time of collection or in any additional terms and conditions applicable to the particular feature of the website, including:
- to operate this website, including through the providing of leads for service to Service Providers;
- to conduct competitions and promotions;
- to provide customer support for Users;
- to respond to questions and requests;
- to tailor the advertising that is presented to you on this website and the product and service information that we may send you (see below), for example, by providing you with product information relevant to the preferences or opinions that you have expressed in your responses to our surveys;
- to conduct research and development;
- to investigate any complaints made by or about you, or if we have reason to suspect that you are in breach of our or have been engaged in any unlawful activity.
- for other purposes required or authorised by or under law, including purposes for which you have provided your express or implied consent.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
Links to other websites are provided for your convenience. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of those sites, and you should review their privacy policies before supplying any personal information to them.
QUALITY AND SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We rely on the personal information we hold in conducting our business. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up to date. You can help us, by letting us know about any changes to your personal information, such as email address or phone number. Our contact details are provided below.